Friday, July 17, 2009

18th July Home and planning next years trip.

Well it has been the most wonderful experience and a trip that we have both looked forward to for a long time. I thought I would be lost without the daily routine of cycling to the next place of our journey, but being back home in Cyprus is good and although I rememebr the trip well and often parts more than others it is good to be back.
This journey I have to say would not have happened if it had not been for Jeff ,my wonderful husband. He spent a year planning the route, booking the Bed & Breakfasts, arranging the various modes of transport to the final boxing up of the bike and getting it transported to Cambridge. A task that was done well and with great thought for both of our needs. The one thing I do miss since being back is our conversations while cycling particularly Jeffs leadership when following the route, and saying to me " gears, pedal, freewheel and bump" the communication necessary to all those stokers on the back of a tandem and ones I dearly miss now!
A trip of a life time today yes but what about the next one? It may be as good or better,.
For the money raised (nearly £1300) we gratefully thank all of you who supported our cause and charity and finally to all the many people we met in England , Wales and Scotland. we will Haste ye Back Soon.

No comments: